Happy Eyes

“Happy the eyes that can close.” --from Cry the Beloved Country

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

These Shoes are Made for Rockin'

I had some time to shop just me and Keegen today while Bode was at school. Since his school is in downtown CS, there are actually some good little shops. One of them is a running store. I've been planning on getting back into running for, oh, 7 or 8 months now...My running shoes are shot and now that I am "serious" about "getting back into running" once again, I thought new shoes were in order.

Now, I wear a size 11--almost 12. And they're narrow. So that is a challenge. I usually end up with men's shoes that are a bit too wide. I tried on these awesome Nikes that actually have the iPod Nanopod in the bottom of the shoe. I am not into technology and don't have a nanopod, but I was impressed. A shoe that plays music. Seriously. And they weren't even that expensive. They felt great. BUT, they weren't the ones for me. (i still couldn't resist using the above as my title though). I found the Adidas Supernova to be just right. A bit on the narrow side even!

So now, I just need to get out there and start running. Bode is finishing up an episode of Max and Ruby and then we're going to load up into the jogger and (huff--i'm already out of breath) go for a jog.

4 comments:

Corinne said...

We LOVE Max and Ruby! I hope you had a good run :)

Cami said...

I'm confused. Do the shoes have speakers? do you connect your headphones TO the shoe? Is it wireless? I guess you have to avoid puddles and/or crashes with bike riders. And heaven forbid you need new shoes. Too bad for you!

I think you were wise to go with other shoes, but also wise to use that awesome title.

Jenni said...

Glad you had a successful shoe hunt!! Those ipod shoes sound so wacky!! :)

ashlee said...

Cami--Apparently I was confused too. They don't actually play the music, they communicate with the ipod nanopod tho thru the headphones (wireless somehow). Here's what the Nike site says:

The Nike+ sensor slips unobtrusively into a pocket under the sockliner.

Waterproof and virtually unbreakable.

The iPod nano tracks your progress, providing feedback on distance, time, pace and calories burned directly through the headphones.

After your run, a performance summary appears on the nano screen and can be heard through the headphones.

Still, pretty crazy.