Happy Eyes

“Happy the eyes that can close.” --from Cry the Beloved Country

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Grand Opening

Just wanted to note that Memorial Hospital North opened on Wednesday, April 25th. I worked today (what will be my usual 11A-7:30P shift). It's starting slowly and building up. We had 11 patients in the OR/outpatient surgery on Weds and six today. It's a beautiful facility, I like my co-workers and bosses and I think it's a good fit for me. Being on the slow side can make the hours creep by, but I think soon enough it will be very busy, so I should just enjoy it for now.

As a side note and something i want to remember, we went as a family to the community openhouse before the hospital opened back in March. They had clowns and food and music. The Chik-fila cow was there and the Colorado College tiger too. Now, whenever we drive by the hospital, if i ask Bode, "Hey! What's that building?" His response is, "That's mommy's workplace. That's where all the aminals are!" At first I didn't understand this aminal stuff until I remembered the mascots! Makes me wonder what he thinks I do all day?

4 comments:

Cami said...

Ha! That looks like a way cool hospital. Very colorful.

Corinne said...

look at that scenery! seems like a lovely place to work

Jenni said...

Wow what a cool looking hospital and look at those mountains!! How beautiful!! I love that Bode story - sometimes you do really wonder what they are thinking! :)

Kellie said...

Congratulations on being part of something new and exciting. I hope it continues to be fulfilling and challenging.