Happy Eyes

“Happy the eyes that can close.” --from Cry the Beloved Country

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Innocent Prayers (Doug's Contribution)

When I asked Bode tonight whether he wanted to pray or he wanted me to, he said that he wanted to pray. This is what I could remember of his prayer.

"Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this day. Thank you that I could play with Marianne and hit her (I think he meant not hit her) and be nice. Thank you that Marianne could be nice and hit me (again, interject not). We had lots of fun at Dwayne and Marianne's.


Thank you that it was sunny today. Maybe it will be rainy and we will get all wet and it will rain on the sun and on the clouds and will wash off all the flowers.


(more things that I can't remember)


In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen"


That is what I can remember, although there was more heartfelt sharing. I wonder how often our Heavenly Father sits and wishes that we would commune with him the way that Bode does. Instead of following the rote pattern that we fall into, but just honestly talking about what is on our mind.

3 comments:

Cami said...

Wow! Great prayer. Jefferson just blesses the water he's going to drink, every now and then adding that he's thankful for his Christmas toys, and then ends it all as quickly as possible. I like that prayer. I'm glad when I play with friends and don't hit them too.

Jenni said...

Little kid prayers are just precious. I love it that they are naturally so thankful for everything and say the cutest things. Bode's prayer was extra-specially cute!!

Corinne said...

AWESOME prayer. My kids always pray that their sibiling will be more reverent. Nice.