Happy Eyes

“Happy the eyes that can close.” --from Cry the Beloved Country

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Saturday is a Special Day

I adore this photo. I used to be the "photographer" in the house. I did a lot of photography in high school and had a good eye. Now, when I get the camera after Doug's been taking shots, I am happily surprised at what he sees. I love this from-behind view, i love that Bode's hands are behind his back surveying the scene, i love the water, trees and mountains!...

We had a lovely day. Started out a little grumpy--we were all very tired as the boys just don't sleep well at night lately. I will admit to being the very grumpy one. Anyway, we headed out to get lunch at Poor Richard's where Bode and Keegen both ate a ton of pizza (well, Bode ate a lot of pizza and one green bean from my salad, while Keegen filled up on chickpeas and pizza crust). They have a sort of play area that's a ramp/slide and castle-climb-up thing. In comparison to places like McDonald's and Chik-fil-a, it's lame-o, but the kids love it. We're thinking about building something like it (but better) in our basement. Little boys need forts, right?

After lunch we headed to the playground at America the Beautiful park. Great playground with a lake and lots of birds to feed. Made me miss Lake Elkhorn! Bode and Keegen had a great time climbing and eating mulch...


Keegen was desperate to get down from my arms and go after the wet sand, ducks and geese. Lately he's taken to getting this sort of message across by body slamming me. Man, does he like to move!...

This is a great pic of the boys "climbing" together. Keegen was certainly trying to keep up! I love that Bode has a natural smile, sans the oft-seen "CHEESE!"...
After this, we headed to, where else? Maggie Moo's. Gotta love it. We got our "usuals" (B gets Better Batter with lem-a-lems, Doug and I get chocolate Better Batter with PB cups) and Keegen was treated to his first ice cream cone, without the ice cream! Kept him happy...

3 comments:

Corinne said...

Great pictures and a LOVELY full day. Good for you all :)

Kellie said...

That is a wonderful shot. A framer for sure.

Cami said...

That's a great picture! Looks fun.