Happy Eyes

“Happy the eyes that can close.” --from Cry the Beloved Country

Friday, April 13, 2007

Hazy Shade of Winter

Seriously, will this winter ever end? SIX months of winter is killing me. All the CO natives I talk to say this hasn't happened in 10 years, that winters are usually fairly mild (snow then warm and sunny and snow melts). Those are the winters i signed up for! But they're all happy because they've been in a drought for so long and now the snowpack is back. Well, yee haw for the snowpack. We're in the midst of another storm system with potential blizzard conditions. The only good I can see from it is that maybe Doug can come home early? Bring on warm weather!
Maybe I need to get to the Garden of the Gods during the snows to appreciate the fact that snow can be beautiful! (not my photo). Anywho. That's my complaint for the day. More to come later, i'm sure. ;)

3 comments:

Corinne said...

I'm sick of winter too! I heard MORE snow tonight? Is that possible? Now it's a bit warmish, but by dinner it's freezing again. Such a shame.

Jenni said...

I feel like throwing a tantrum because I want to wear my flip flops!! :) We don't have it near as bad as you though so I shouldn't complain!

Cami said...

I echo Jenni's tantrum. So alright, you've got your snowpack, now it's time for Spring already! Good luck with that.