Happy Eyes

“Happy the eyes that can close.” --from Cry the Beloved Country

Sunday, June 17, 2007

A glimmer of hope

Stop the press!! Bode has recently willingly sat on the potty and PEED. He's informed me of the need to poop and sat on the potty a number of times for a long time (with no result but I'm happy with the willingness). He sits there and unrolls all the paper on the roll, or dumps the trash out on the floor. Tonight I gave him books to look at and he actually looked at them tonight (he's declined the offer in the past) (an Elmo potty book with those annoying sound effect buttons. Perfect).

Maybe all these months of "backing off" do help. I've been very "whatever" about it. "Let me know if you want to use it." Very casual. Or maybe it's just a matter of him deciding he's ready. WHO KNOWS. I just hope this means we're actually going to make some positive progress...

1 comment:

erin said...

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! hooray for you!!!!!!!!!!!!