Happy Eyes

“Happy the eyes that can close.” --from Cry the Beloved Country

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Work (creative title, eh?)

Today was my first day at work as an actual nurse. I went to the downtown location to orient to the outpatient surgery unit and was really surprised at how instantly comfortable I was. Granted, I didn't take a full patient load and it was a slow day (perfect for learning the paperwork). The nurse precepting me is the nurse I will be job-sharing with so it's nice to get to know her. She even commented at how quickly I was getting things, especially since I haven't worked for so long. Sooo, that was nice. I'll work again tomorrow in the GI lab. The hospital I'll be at is supposed to open April 25th. Feels surprisingly good to be back in the swing!

4 comments:

Cami said...

Good for you! Only, you'd think you'd at least say, "Working 9 to 5" or "12 to 4" or whatever it is. Really, Ashlee, I'm quite disappointed!! :)

Jenni said...

I'm glad its going so well!! It sounds like such a great job situation!

Corinne said...

I am so proud of you! Sounds like you made a really good decision :)

ashlee said...

Cami--Truth be told, I thought of "She Works Hard for the Money" but since YOU used it recently, well, didn't want to look like a copycat. "9-5," that would have been good!