Happy Eyes

“Happy the eyes that can close.” --from Cry the Beloved Country

Friday, March 16, 2007

Best Buds

I love these fresh, young friendships. This is Bode and Zeke--Zeke is definitely Bode's "best friend." Zeke has proclaimed that about Bode as well. It's just too cute. I love that at 3 and 4 years old, children are so open to each other. You run into another 3-year old on the playground and he becomes a friend as well. When does that change and we decide we're too cool or too old or too something to be so open and friendly? I hope it lasts as long as it can in my boys' lives.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Ahh that's very sweet!! I wish we all could be as friendly with each other as 3 year olds are too!! :)

Corinne said...

I agree - they are so open with their friendships. At the playground the other day Sheely actually said to me "I'm going to go find a friend." If only I could look at it so positively :)

Cami said...

True. Jeffy has a new "best friend" at school each year, and it's funny how I know about it just from his talking about them. I love it when they are nice to each other and love so openly.