Happy Eyes

“Happy the eyes that can close.” --from Cry the Beloved Country

Monday, March 19, 2007

Doug's Two Cents


Doug sent an email to his brother who is serving a mission in El Salvador. I thought his comments on the boys were cute and worth saving here!


Bode Updates --

Bode is starting to remember his dreams and he has some weird ones.
The other morning he got up and said to me "Daddy, I didn't know you could
turn into a tree" (I am guessing most of you didn't know that either).
Bode went on to tell me about his dream (not a dream to him) and how
there was this other boy and he told me to go upstairs and how I turned
into a tree in the front yard. I am certain that this was his
interpretation of the Tree of Life in Lehi's dream as our son is
brilliant and so spiritually in tuned. Then a few days later, out of
the blue he walked up to me and said "Daddy, don't turn into a tree" to
which I promised I would do my best.

We were making omlettes the other morning and Bode picked up one of the
eggs, looked at it, shook it and then asked me "Daddy, is there a bird
in this egg?". I went on to explain how it is just the embryo and
taken before it is fertilized that that is what we eat all the time. Just
kidding, I simply said, "No, we don't eat the eggs that have baby birds
in them".

Keegen Updates --

Keegen is getting into everything. He has climbed into the cleaning
supplies under the sink, loves to go at the outlets and crawls right up
to the edge of the stairs and proceeds over. No fear and no sense.
Luckily Bode will usually tackle him about the waist as he heads for
the stairs. Keegen doesn't appreciate it, but we sure do.

2 comments:

Cami said...

cute! I'm glad he didn't really explain about the embryo . . .

Jenni said...

What a dream Bode had - wow. I bet its been hard with a thoroughly mobile Keegan. I know its coming for Nina, but right now I'm so happy that she pretty much stays put. :)