Happy Eyes

“Happy the eyes that can close.” --from Cry the Beloved Country

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Problem Solved!

You know i've been trying to decide whether or not to move Bode out of his charter school, right? I've gone back and forth and back and forth on it so many times. I went so far as to fill out the paperwork to move him to the neighborhood school. I sent Doug in to help in Bode's current classroom when he was home last week so he could see what was going on so i didn't feel like i'm the only one making this decision (boy, that was a sentence). On Monday, he was going to stay at the charter school. Yesterday, i decided to move him again (when he came home and told me they watched two movies for school that day). And today?? TODAY?

In Bode's backpack were two letters. One from the principal and one from his teacher. She is resigning. The kids have fall break starting Friday and lasting two weeks. She will not be back after the break.

I seriously felt a physical load lift off of me when i got this news. Angels are practically singing in my head. I am so happy. And i hope that the choice that is made for the new teacher is a good one. But really, i don't think it could be worse.

I am so.very.happy. He's happy there and hopefully there will be a better balance of fun and learning and organization in the classroom starting the second quarter.

Fingers crossed!

9 comments:

Jared - Christina said...

Wow! That is awesome! I wish all problems/decisions worked out that well!

GreenStyleMom said...

What great news! Suddenly that new age-y book's blurb about waiting for the decisions to make themselves seems like pretty good advice!

erin said...

hooray! let the angels sing!

Jenni said...

I'm so happy for you!! What perfect timing. Switching schools and adjusting and everything is probably the last thing you want to worry about right now. Hope the new teacher is great!

ashlee said...

amen to all of your comments! i, in my wishy-washy way, thought i'd switch him after the fall break. soooooo glad i'm so bad at making a clean break/decisions (in this case, at least) and didn't do it any sooner! phew!

Joni said...

What great news to accompany Soren's arrival! Sometimes the push to make a decision just doesn't happen... and I think it's because a solution is right around the corner!

Two movies in one day?! Seriously.

Sarah said...

I got chills when I read she is resigning, What a load off. Hang in there!!

Corinne said...

That is so incredibly great. I am in the throws of deciding whether to pull Xavey out or not b/c of teacher issues. It's so hard!!

Cami said...

OH YAY! It's the kind of thing you always hope for but never think would actually happen. I hope the transition goes well.