Happy Eyes

“Happy the eyes that can close.” --from Cry the Beloved Country

Monday, February 16, 2009

Jeri Rocks

my absolute fave

I mentioned way back in July (i think) that the boys and i had a photo session (finally!) with Jeri while we were visiting family in DC. It was my intention to do it to get a decent shot or two of the boys and hopefully a good one of the three of us as a gift for Doug.

In general, getting good pictures of Bode has been an impossibility. And having them done "professionally" was something i stopped doing after his first birthday. As he got older, he did not respond well to being in front of a camera and i just tried to snap candids here and there.

To preserve in my memory, we did it at my favorite place in Columbia, MD--Lake Elkhorn. It was about 8:45 when we arrived and already hot and sticky. The boys really responded to Jeri's mild promptings and, in the end, Bode really got into it. When the photographer asks, "What does a pirate say?" this is when the adult(s) in the shot are supposed to keep their smiles fixed and the children are to respond. NOT the other way around. Lesson learned.

Jeri is MAGIC. There were so many photos to choose from (Oh, the agony!). See the proof below.


Keegen was fantastic for the first half of the shoot. And when he was DONE, Bode had warmed up and was ready to go. It actually worked out really well. The final shots were the ones of the three of us. Keegs looks a bit, well, done in the final selection, but it works.


Thank you, Jeri! You got shots i never in my wildest dreams could have even hoped for! They are treasures.

8 comments:

erin said...

TOTALLY LOVE THOSE--especially your "fave" where bode appears to be "kindly" strangling the crap out of bode. ;)

Joni said...

You're making me so eager to see our shots with Jeri! You've got some super cute ones there. Love how *real* that first one is.

Did you quit your facebook account? Your name is all gray and fuzzy now.

Ashley Bruggeman said...

Adorable!

Jeri said...

I don't know what to say, but the tears are welling up in my eyes.

I am so glad you are happy. It was a fun day and we will have to do it again someday! Your boys were a dream to work with!

Cami said...

YAY! That is great that she got good ones. She always does. It's amazing what she can get!

Corinne said...

Yay! I love them - and neat that you were in your old haunt :)

Chris said...

Those turned out so well. He really captured their personalities!!! I need to get Brooklyn's pictures done, is it worth the trip to DC? Ha, ha, ha!!!!

Jenni said...

Oh my goodness, those are beautiful!! I love the one of you with your boys!! Jeri is amazing!